2007 Musical/Horror/Drama Rated R 117 Minutes
|In Theaters||December 21, 2007|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||October 21, 2008|
|On DVD||April 1, 2008|
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton join forces again in a big-screen adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's award-winning musical thriller "Sweeney Todd." Depp stars in the title role as a man unjustly sent to prison who vows revenge, not only for that cruel punishment, but for the devastating consequences of what happened to his wife and daughter. When he returns to reopen his barber shop, Sweeney Todd becomes the Demon Barber of Fleet Street who "shaved the heads of gentlemen who never thereafter were heard from again." Joining Depp is Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney's amorous accomplice, who creates diabolical meat pies. The cast also includes Alan Rickman, who portrays the evil Judge Turpin, who sends Sweeney to prison and Timothy Spall as the Judge's wicked associate Beadle Bamford and Sacha Baron Cohen a rival, flamboyant barber, Signor Adolfo Pirelli.
Rated R for graphic bloody violence.
Box office gross: $52.7 million. View box office history.
Released by Paramount and DreamWorks. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Top 10 viral movie parodies to bust a gut to
- The two best things you missed at Sunday night's MTV Movie Awards (videos)
- Oscar's big winner is 'No Country for Old Men'
- Two movies lead the way with the most nominations at this year's Oscars
- Golden Globe winners announced at press conference-like setting
- No clear cut favorite in Golden Globe nominations